Explore lush mountain meadows and intimate, hidden away parks. Fish gently rushing waters of a designated, North Carolina outstanding trout stream. Canoe or kayak across a crystalline mountain lake. Or, laze the day away at the community Lake House perched on the shore of 22-acre SweetGrass Lake. The choices are many. But this 278-acre community is truly one of a kind.
SweetGrass is a premier gated community with an exclusive Blowing Rock address. Nestled in National Park forests at an elevation of 3500 ft., its year-around amenity-rich lifestyle delivers on every mountain home fantasy. Building your dream house begins with the perfect lot. Select from one of several available beautiful SweetGrass property lots and then build and design your custom mountain home with one of our experienced mountain home builders. Whether you prefer to build right on the lake, have access to fishing with a creek right in your backyard, or perch yourself in the trees, SweetGrass has a lot type for everyone looking to build their perfect mountain escape.
- From all that the Lake House has to provide to all that the sprawling SweetGrass forests and streams and trails have in store, there’s always something to do at SweetGrass.
- LAKE HOUSE – A magnificent rustic mountain lodge is an ideal spot for family reunions, weddings or casual get-togethers with family and friends. A grand fireplace, hearth and big screen TV dominate the large gathering room inside. While outside, an expansive patio, covered grill and outdoor fire pit encourage full enjoyment of the great outdoors. The SweetGrass Lake House boasts a huge kitchen, game room, an internet-enabled business center and a fully appointed fitness center. Also, as befits its name, the house rests on the shores of SweetGrass Lake and offers access to a swim beach, canoe house and fishing dock.
- BOONE FORK CREEK – This fully stocked, protected trout stream has been designated as a North Carolina outstanding trout stream. Most of this amazing natural resource is held in common throughout SweetGrass so residents can hike and fish along its banks. And to protect Boone Fork Creek for future generations, we are extending the size of stream buffers and preserving its flood plains.
- SWEETGRASS LAKE – At the heart of SweetGrass is a 22-acre lake fed by Boone Fork Creek. Like the Creek, SweetGrass Lake is fully stocked with rainbow trout to provide a world-class fishing experience. Drop a line or just float the day away in a canoe or kayak launched from the SweetGrass Lake House. Or, spend a lazy afternoon on the Lake’s community beach with majestic Grandfather Mountain looming in the distance.
- PARKS AND TRAILS – SweetGrass is a community blessed with a variety of beautiful little tucked-away parks and trails. Follow the trail to Treetop Park, a wonderful place for a child’s first campout. Explore Chimney Park and spin tales around the old homestead chimney. Or, pack a picnic and canoe across the lake to Little Canoe Park. When it’s not the destination but the journey, miles of trails in SweetGrass provide hikers, bikers and walkers with lots of chances to get out and enjoy the fresh mountain air.
- GREAT CHIMNEY FIREPLACE – Gather with friends and family under the stars around the Great SweetGrass Chimney Fireplace. Roast marshmallows and recant the adventures of the day. Quality time. It’s what hanging out in the mountains is all about.
- FISHING – There’s no better way to relax and get back to the basics than by taking a canoe out on SweetGrass Lake and dropping a line. Or by finding a quiet section along the bank of Boone Fork Creek to try and coax some fish out of the bubbling river. Both are stocked with Trout for hours of angling fun.
- FITNESS CENTER – Get some extra reps in after a hike or pound out a few miles on the treadmill free from the elements–either way, the Lake House fitness center, with plenty of windows for taking in the scenery, is the perfect place to keep up with your workout regimen while your at home at SweetGrass.