Imagine a place where pristine wild forests ebb and flow with the peaks of the Southern Appalachian Mountains. Where the lush valley and ancient geological formations sparkle like a rare gem. That place is here on the Cashiers-Highlands Plateau, where Chinquapin provides an unmatched opportunity to experience this refined backcountry.
The Cashiers-Highlands Plateau is unique in both geology and personality and Chinquapin’s 2000 acres reign at the pinnacle, stretching across the Eastern Continental Divide. Over 700 acres of conservancy land are held in permanent preservation with the North American Land Trust. To preserve this sense of pristine beauty, Chinquapin’s Masterplan weaves together “filtered views” and strategically placed building “envelopes” ensuring maximum privacy for each home. Come view our North Carolina mountain homes for sale and see the spectacular beauty of nature that is surrounding the mountain homes for sale in NC.
- Over 18 miles of hiking and biking trails
- Adventure area
- On-site Wolf Lake and Tulip Pond
- On-site trout fishing in Robinson Creek, Packs Creek, and Mills Creek
- 3 Wilderness Cabins
- 6 On-site Waterfalls… Julie Falls, Charlie Falls, Will Falls, Packs Falls, Pittypat Falls, Twin Falls
- Horseback riding trails and stables
- Driving range and putting green
- The Outpost (flat screen TV’s, kitchen, outdoor grilling area)
- 700 acres of conservation properties within the gates
- 151 acres set aside for recreational purposes
- Boundaries border 10,000 acre Panthertown Valley National Forest “Yosemite of the East”
- Elevations above 4000ft
- Comparable properties in Chinquapin sold from $400,000 to $700,000
- Temperatures average a high of 80 degrees in July, and 40 degrees in January
Chinquapin’s masterplan weaves together “filtered views” and strategically placed building “envelopes” ensuring maximum privacy for each home.
New Cottages and Homesites Now Available!
Homesites from the 70’s up to 12 acres in size.
LEARN ABOUT AVAILABLE PROPERTIES